• Input: 3 through 108 KW
• 208, 240, 277 and 480 voltages (US)
• 208, 240, 600 (Canada)
• Surface mounted and immersion thermostat models available
• 50, 85, 120 and 175 gallon capacities System Sentinel™ LED diagnostic system Heavy Duty Electric commercial water heaters are available in 50 through 175 gallon capacities.
Features & Benefits:
• The tighter the commercial retrofit, the more you will appreciate how the Universal’s compact size and multiple water connections simplify installations. Choose from 80% thermal efficiency models that range from 98,000-399,900 Btu/h and have maximum temperature setting of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
Space Saver Design:
• The short heights and narrow jacket diameters, plus the top, front and rear water inlets/outlets offer the ultimate in installation flexibility.
System Sentinel™ LED Diagnostic System:
• Our exclusive diagnostic system, with glowing LED lights, verifies system operation sequence by sequence.
• Universal’s proprietary steel formulation, patented multi-flue design, combined with two coats of porcelain enamel, results in a superior heat exchanger design.
Stainless Steel Burners:
• Precision burners, raised port design, are formed from high chromium stainless steel. Each burner assembly slidesout like a drawer for quick inspection and maintenance.
Low Profile Automatic Flue Damper:
• Low profile damper minimizes overall product height. Heavy duty vent hood supports are designed to withstand the rigors of installation. Full-port, Full-flow Drain Valve Factory installed brass drain valve allows for faster draining and servicing.
Direct Spark-to-Pilot Ignition System:
• Energy saving ignition that ignites pilot only when there is a call for heat.
• Up to 5,000 feet for natural gas and 2,000 feet for LP; with high altitude certification kit, up to 8,000 feet.
Patented Anode Rods:
• Anode design utilizes multiple magnesium rods to ensure corrosion resistance for a long tank life.
• 50, 85, 120 and new 175 gallon model can be shipped to your location in just a few days, no deposit required and Rheem pays shipping charges
• Ideal for general commercial use and point-of-use applications like eyewash stations, or used as a booster
• Inputs: 3 through 108 kW
• Voltages: 208, 240, or 480 VAC in either single phase or 3-phase; 277 VAC single phase
• Element wattages: 2000, 3000, 4000, 4500, 5000 and 6000 in the four voltages; 9000 watt element at 480 VAC
• Choose 1, 3, 6, 9 or 12 element models for your specific application
• Elements are Lifeguard™ stainless steel, screw-in type that resist burn out and corrosion
• Long life tank design: proprietary steel formulation with high temperature porcelain enamel to maximize corrosion resistance resulting in a superior tank design
• ASME construction is available on 50, 85 and 120 gallon models and comes standard on 175 gallon
• Two anode rods are installed to ensure long life and corrosion resistance
• 98% thermal efficiency
• Thick foam insulation for minimal standby heat loss
• Recovery rate: Up to 438 gallons GPH at a 100 degree rise
• 190° F maximum delivered temperature
Capacity & Shipping Weight
• 50 Gal/270 lbs./320 lbs. ASME
• 85 Gal/350 lbs./380 lbs. ASME
• 120 Gal/430 lbs./460 lbs. ASME
Easy Installation & Service
• Control box is located at the front of unit for easy wiring during installation – Multiple knockout holes accommodate a variety of conduit sizes
• Exclusive! System Sentinal™ provides a diagnostic panel with LEDs that correspond to the number, location and status of each element
• Exclusive! Full-port, full-flow, brass drain valve for faster draining
• Minimum distance to combustible is zero inches from jacket and 18 inches from access door
• All models approved for installation on combustible flooring
• Temperature and pressure relief valve at top of 175 gallon model and side on all other models
• Water connections: hot and cold water inlets are 2-1/2" NPT dielectric nipples on the 175 gallon model and 1-1/2" on all other models
Product Depth (in.) 34"
Product Height (in.) 57.69"
Product Width (in.) 28.25"
Fuel Type Electric
Thermal Efficiency 98
Primary Warranty 3 Yrs
Number Of Back To Back Showers 1
Tank Capacity 85